Why A Pediatric Dentist?
- Just as you take your child to a pediatrician, parents choose a specialist for their child’s oral health.
- As pediatric dentists, Dr. McAveeney and Dr. Cheifetz trained an additional two years to focus on issues specific to children including how to make them more relaxed with dental care. In fact, you will be surprised at your child’s positive reaction in our office.
- This extra training includes: oral diseases, child behavior, child psychology, prevention techniques, behavior management techniques.
- We monitor a child’s growing jaw and use interceptive orthodontics to help lessen, or even help prevent, the need for orthodontics.
- We designed our office such that the youngest infant or oldest college student will feel comfortable; from our Xbox, and iPad to our 220 gallon aquarium and flat-screen display even parents get to unwind.
- We use Tell-Show-Do to help lower your child’s anxieties – You will see everyone in our office follow this philosophy because it helps the kids know what is going on (and the parents too!). Ask us about it!
- As active members of our office you can expect to reach one of our doctors after-hours. As pediatric dentists, Dr. Jim and Dr. Andrew know that emergencies arise and they are ready to field your calls.
- You can expect to be treated like family: We like to think of our office as one big extended family. Dr. Jim and Dr. Andrew will treat your kids as they would their own.